What is the Best of the Best Award?
To be considered for the Best of the Best award, ICUs must:
1) Finalize a minimum of 30 patients by the end of the trial, and
2) Be willing to send us source documentation for purposes of verification
Eligible sites are ranked based on their performance on the following 5 criteria:
- Adequacy of provision of protein
- Avoidance of overfeeding calories
- Use of enteral nutrition (EN)
- Early initiation of EN
- Use of promotility drugs and small bowel feeding tubes
- Adequate glycemic control
The top site receives a $1000 reimbursement to an educational session. The top 10 sites receive a Best of Best plaque.