What is the Best of the Best Award?
- Finalize a minimum of 30 patients by the end of the trial
- Be willing to send us source documentation for purposes of verification
- Adequacy of provision of protein
- Avoidance of overfeeding calories
- Use of enteral nutrition (EN)
- Early initiation of EN
- Use of promotility drugs and small bowel feeding tubes
- Adequate glycemic control
The top site receives a $1000 reimbursement to an educational session. The top 10 sites receive a Best of Best plaque.
For more information on the creation of the award and its scoring system, please read "Creating a Culture of Clinical Excellence in Critical Care Nutrition: The 2008 ˜Best of the Best' Award" published in JPEN (2010) by Dr. Daren Heyland et al.